Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Creative Card Crew DT Project - #93 Sparkle!

A little paper, embossing powder, transparency, double sided adhesive, glitter, and alcohol markers... the result, a stunning stained glass card perfect for any occasion.

This fortnight challenge over at Creative Card Crew is Sparkle! What sparkles more than a beautiful stained glass window? When I saw this image from Sparkle N Sprinkle, I knew I had to figure out a way to make it into just that. 

I explain below how this I achieved this look.

#93 - Sparkle! - glitter or anything that sparkles 

Sponsored by


Prize: Up to $15 in digi's

I began by importing the digital image into my Silhouette Cameo Design Studio. I traced the outline to create the cut lines. I then copied this 4 times.

Using the Print and Cut feature on the Silhouette, I cut all 4 images. Even though the are very delicate, I had no problems at all. I just had to be patient when removing them.

Using my Zig Roller Ball Glue Pen, I carefully glued three if the die cut images together. I then coated this with Versamark ink and embossed it several times using black embossing powder. I wanted this to mimic the leading between the glass, so I made sure it was very thick.

I took a piece of clear transparency and added a piece of Aleen's Double sided adhesive to the transparency. After removing all protective sheets on the adhesive, I added the "enameled" die cut piece embossing side up. I covered the remaining adhesive with Martha Stewart's Superfine Crystal Glitter.

I used my Bic Marker to carefully color the glitter, using a stippling motion. I found if I colored in the regular fashion, the glitter tended to pull up and stick to the marker tip. 

To cover any clear areas I may have missed on the glitter side of the piece, I flipped it over and colored the back of the transparency sheet with each color.

Once the marker was dry, I turned the piece back over and filled each "glass" cavity with Glossy Accents. I figured this would take all night to dry, but I set it aside and by the time I had the rest of the card ready, it was dry.

I colored the back of the one remaining die cut black using my black Bic Marker and adhered it to the back side of the piece to give it a more finished look on.

I cut a 5 1/2 x 11 card base out of black. I folded it to make a 5 1/2 card. Using my Spellbinders dies, I cut a circle out of black card base and a piece of white 5 x 5 card base. I sandwiched the "stained" glass piece between these pieces using black foam squares.

The sentiment if from Simon Says Stamp's Flowers on My Mind stamp set. I embossed it using Versafine Onyx Black and Ala Mode Clear Glitter embossing powder. 

Using an MFT die set, I die cut all the layers, assembled them and popped this up on the card.

This card turned out much better than I envisioned. I love how it looks when the light shines through the back of the front panel. I love it so much, I may make a few of these using other thick lined images. These would also look very pretty hanging in a window with the sunlight shining through. 

I had a ton of fun making this card. I hope you join us for the Sparkle! challenge over at Creative Card Crew. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment and I will answer this as best I can. 

*Not a process video, just a close-up share.*

Have a great day and happy crafting.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Craft Room Update-Video

First, I apologize for the wobbly video. It gets better after the first few seconds. I'm still learning.

I promised a video update over a year ago when I moved to my craft room in the basement. I finally made one.

WARNING Disaster Area Ahead

Thanks for watching and happy crafting,

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Creative Card Crew DT Project Video

Today, I filmed my first process video. I'm slowly getting up the courage to share my work. The video isn't the best, I had a bit of trouble "finding" the camera, especially when I'm showing things up close. Still, not too bad for my first. 

So, my DT submission at Creative Card Crew a A2, top-folding card.

Here is a picture of the finished card. 

As you will see, I added the banners after I made the video. I got so into filming, I forgot the theme of this week's challenge. LOL

The sponsor for challenge #92 Banners/Flags is

A Day for Daisies.

Prize: $12 gift voucher

Now for the video,  (My channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Time2FlyAway/videos)

I used the Fairy Hello digital image. I printed it on Copic X-Press It Blending Card and colored it using Copic markers. 

The rest of the papers are from the July 2015 Card Kit. The flower is from Michael's and the ribbon is from my stash.

I am planning to make more process videos. I learned a lot making this one. With practice, I'm hoping they get better. If you are a YouTuber, I'm in the market for an inexpensive camera to shoot my videos. I used my iPhone for this one, but I would like to have a camera I can leave in my craftroom. 

I guess, that's about it. Please leave a comment giving me suggestions on how to improve on my next video.

Until then, thanks for stopping by,

Monday, July 20, 2015

Mini Album - All About a Boy

Mini album share #2 is made using the All About a Boy collection from Echo Park. The page design is from Laura Dennison's Turn the Page 2014 pattern set.

Everything is from the collection, except the cardstock which is Stampin' Up.

Thanks for watching.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Mini Album-Seashore by Prima #lovesummerart

My first YouTube share for the #lovesummerart collaboration. I have one more to share, but I underestimated the processing time of the videos, so it will be tomorrow or later before it is up.

In the meantime, enjoy. This album is for sale, email me if you are interested.

Thanks for watching,