Saturday, November 17, 2012

Lawn Fawn Ornate Ornaments

Today's card is a nostalgic card made using Lawn Fawn's Ornate Ornaments stamp set and Very Merry 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park. When the package containing this paper pad came in the mail, the mailman put the package on the front porch (even though I told him repeatedly to put them in the garage) and the neighborhood dogs DESTROYED the package and another package that arrived the same day (can we say furious). I still have pink letter stickers all over my yard and stuck to my driveway, that was back in August, I believe. Anyway. All but one sheet of the paper  (diamond pattern in the background of this card) in this pack was ripped in half, so it was a bit of a challenge to figure out how to use these papers.
 
 
First I stamped the branch image on a piece of the patterned paper. The paper was already torn, so I went with it and added that to my card. I added the background test piece over this.

 
I embossed the ornament images in white on several pieces of patterned paper and cut them out. I added the silver embossing powder to the ornament toppers using my Versamarker to apply the embossing ink. I embossed the stripe of the round ornament on a second piece of paper and pieced it over the green ornament. I added rhinestones to both pieces and popped them up on the background.
 


I added crochet twine using m paper piercer and tied that into bows.

 
I decorated the inside of the card using scraps from the front of the card. The sentiment is also from the stamp set.
 
 
Despite the paper distruction challenge, I had a lot of fun creating this card.
 


Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment