Monday, December 3, 2012

Penguine Love with Penny Black


What is it about penguins that make people happy? I just love them on Christmas projects. I decided to step away from the Copics and try my had at watercoloring.
 
 
I stamped the image on #120 watercolor paper with Stazon black ink. Watercolor by nature is a little rough, but if you turn it to the back, it's a little smoother which makes stamping easier.
 

 
I used my Stampin' Up markers and a water brush to color this image. To be honest, the Stampin' Up markers are a little tricky when used like this. They tend to dry quickly and don't rewet very easily. I really want the Tim Holtz Distress Markers for water coloring. I've used the distress inks and feel they work much better for water coloring. I just don't have enough of a color palette to use them exclusively.


The sentiment is from Stamin' Up. I white embossed the image on a piece of Soft Suede cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Dana Desmond




Materials
 
Stamps: Penny Black, Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny
Cardstock: Stampin' Up
Ink: Stazon, Versamark, Stampin' Up
Embellishements: Stampin' Up Ribbon and brads


No comments:

Post a Comment