Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Peace Within Wall Hanging

The project I'm sharing today is a 6x6 wall hanging. It isn't quite finished yet, but I was so pleased with the results I had to share. I'm not sure how I want to frame it. I'm thinking an 8x8 shadowbox frame with a matte. I'm goint to go to my local Hobby Lobby or Joann's this weekend and see what they have to offer.


All the patterned papers are from DCWV Rustic stack. This has to be my most favorite stack. I've used it on everything from baby cards to sympathy cards. Each project had it's own look and feel. You almost can't tell the paper came from the same stack.


The cardstock and images are from Stampin' Up. I hosted a Stampin' Up party and received this stamp free as part of my hostess package. The name of it is Peace Within. I've been looking at it for quite a while and couldn't wait to start playing with it. I used my Copic Sketch markers to color this cute kitty scene. I love how the chair turned out.


The sentiment is also from the Peace Within set. I used my Nestabilites Classic Ovals and Classic Scallops to cut out the main image and the sentiment. The ribbon is a recycled piece I pull off of a packaged bubble bath set I received for Christmas last year. Before I started crafting, I never realized how many products use ribbon and such as their packaging. Before I started crafting, would have thrown stuff like this in the trash.


The small purple flowers are made from two Martha Stewart Hydranga punches and Stampin' Up cardstock. The pearls are a straight strip that I curved to make a swirl.


 
The butterflies were punched out of DCWV Glitter paper using the Martha Stewart Butterfly Trio punch. The pearls on the butterflies are from Stampin' Up.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana Desmon

No comments:

Post a Comment