Saturday, September 1, 2012

Bucks and Trucks...

Sometimes inspiration flies into your head and if you act on it immediately, you can come up with the most amazing things. The key, don't wait, create.

That's what I did with this wall hanging I created for my nephew's birthday. His party was scheduled for 2:00 p.m. I prefer to give my family handmade gifts, but time was ticking. So, the plan was to stop by the store on our way and pick up his gift.

At 10:00 a.m. this idea popped into my head. I rushed down to my craft area and started creating with fury. Result, a major hit with my nephew.

 
I started with an 8x10 frame that was matted to 5x7. I stamped the tree image on Very Vanilla cardstock. I used a combination of Distress Ink and Stampin' Up ink to create the sky and grass. This was then adhered to the back of the black mat.

 
All images were purchased from the Silhouette online store. I cut the saying from one of the fonts on my computer.
 
 
I really wanted to give a lot of dimension, so the words "and, that's, how" are adhered flat to the back layer. The words "Bucks, Trucks, Anthony, Rolls!" are popped up on Dimensionals. The deer is layered on the black mat and popped up off the background. 
 

 
The truck and hill are attached to the front mat and triple popped up from the background.

 
I inked each layer of the hill to give it a little more dimension.
 
 
The finishing touch was stamping the trees onto the front mat. I really enjoy making these home decor items. I can let my imagination run with type of craft.
 
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
 
Dana Desmond
 
Products:
 
Silhouette Cameo
Stampin' Up
  • Very Vanilla Cardstock
  • Old Olive Classic Ink
  • Baja Breeze Classic Ink
  • Lovely as a Tree stamp set
  • Old Olive Marker
  • Always Artichoke Marker
  • Early Espresso Marker
Distress Ink Tumbled Glass
Tombo Monomulti Glue
Frame from Hobby Lobby
 

No comments:

Post a Comment