Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spookalicous Bundle, Not Just For Halloween

I love it when collections are so versatile, that even though they have a specific theme, there are plenty of elements and color choices that they can be used for any occasion.

I made two layouts with the new awesome Spookalicous kit by Sheila Reid at Pixel Scrapper. This kit has plenty of Halloween themed items and colors. However, the colors and some of the elements can be used in many different ways.


My first layout is a traditional (or maybe not so traditional) Halloween Layout, Featuring my "Little Vampire."  I love the colors in this kit. There are enough colors that I could have chosen to go with the traditional blacks, oranges, greens, and purples, but I loved the way the other colors match her costume. 


The second layout is a costume layout, but not Halloween. It is a spring layout that features outfits for a concert at school were each class dressed as a different era and sang songs from that era. The bright colors from this kit worked perfectly to reflect the spring theme. Notice I used the "die cut" fun page from the kit, to make a journaling spot. The fun pages are actually 12 inches wide, but I thought the shape would make the perfect label. Even though the graphics are created one way, doesn't mean you have to use them that way. You have the option to resize as you see fit. 


There were plenty of non-Halloween elements to chose from, which made it super easy to do this layout in about 15 minutes from planning to posting. Did I mention I love how quickly I can do a digital layout verses a traditional layout. This would have taken me hours to do traditionally because of the fear of wasting supplies. Not a problem with digi supplies; they never run out, so you have total creative freedom. Plus, if you don't like something, you don't have to rip elements off the page, you just hit delete and start over. 

I hope you visit Pixel Scrapper to see all of the wonderful freebies and full kits available. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment