Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ATCs Experiments with Embossing Techniques

Today's ATC cards are a little different than the one's I posted earlier. All of these, I started with a white piece of paper and used a combination of dye ink, versamark, and clear embossing powder.

I started by embossing  a stamped image on the white paper using clear embossing powder. I added ink to the paper using the ink resist technique. Then I would clear emboss another image on top of the inked paper. Then add another color of ink, before embossing another image. The results were cool.


On this one, I experimented with some embossing techniques. First I inked the stamp with Versamark ink, then I lightly  inked it with some inexpensive dye inks, then stamped it on the page. I added clear embossing powder. This is a good way to improvise when you don't have very many different colors of embossing powder.

On this one, I started with a dirty stamp before inking it with Versamark. The sentiment was stamped in white craft ink and embossed with clear glitter powder.


If you're interested in trading, comment on this post and we can work something out.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment