Sunday, June 26, 2011

My First Piece of Art in About 20 Years!

A year ago, when I started crafting again, it never crossed my mind that it could lead me back to my art roots. So, I was pleasantly surprised when this painting found it's way out of my head and onto my canvas. I can't describe to you my emotions as this started coming together. I LOVE THE RESULTS.


I drew the image on an 8x8 stretched canvas. I painted it with acrylic paint.


I added some black glossy cord as the foreground hair and added the crystal scrolls.


To get the eyeshadow shimmer, I added Ranger's Perfect Pearls over the top of my slightly damp paint. I used a black Sharpie to add the eyeliner and eyelashes.




I strung a strand of black glass beads and using my hot glue gun, I attached it to the top of the corset. I added a bit of crocheted lace as a finishing touch.

I have a project in mind using fortune cookie fortunes as the inspiration. I've had friends and family collecting them for almost a year, so it's time I do something with them.

Until then, thanks for stopping by,

Dana

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dana!
    Oh my gosh! This is WONDERFUL!!!!!! Seeing this makes me want to go break out the paints once again, and it's been years for me!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration, and for your kind comments on my blog. I hope that swing is fixable, and that mother nature will give us a break. After the past few months, I think we're due!! Have a great day!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete