Saturday, October 30, 2010

Holiday Display

I like to have wall hangings for each holiday by my door, but I don't always have the time to change out my pictures. The other day, I found a cork board at Walmart that had the most beautiful frame and it's 12x12. So, I decided to make a 12x12 sign or themed page for each holiday or season. Then I can just use the push pins that came with the corkboad and change out the pictures when the seasons change. I'm planning to use one of my inexpensive, not so attactive albums to store the pictures. Here's my first page for Halloween. I used DCWV Autumn stack, Wausau cardstock, and the October 31st Cricut cartridge.



My children and I always had the tradition of watching the Halloween Town movies on Halloween day. Well, this Halloween I don't think that will happen. Both of my daughters have decided to spend the night tonight in our old town with family and friends. They won't be back until late Sunday evening after all of the Spooky festivities. A little sad for a Mom that has always made sure she made the holidays special. If I ask my son to watch them with me, he would, but I know he really is getting too old for that. Just not the same. Oh well, that's how it's supposed to work. Can't keep the apron strings tied forever.

So, my mission now is to pull out the Halloween movies and watch them while I'm crafting. That's fun too. Why break the tradition. Maybe someone will decide they want to join me.

Happy Halloween and thanks for visiting my new friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment