Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Wall Hanging

This post is a little late today. Normally, I post by 6:00 a.m., but today I couldn't seem to get myself to go down in the cold basement and craft. It wasn't the crafting part that kept me from going downstairs, it was the cold part. My craft area is right next to the outside basement door and it was so cold. So, instead I stayed upstairs and planned a bunch of projects on my Gypsy.

One of those is my Valentine's wall hanging that will go in the corkboard next to my front door. A few weeks ago I hinted that I might not go with the traditional red and pink, but when I got started it looked more like a birthday sign than a Valentine's sign, so here's what I came up with.


I started with a 12x12 red patterned paper from DCWV Autumn stack. All images were cut from the Potpourri Basket Cricut cartridge.  I cut the fame out of white cardstock. I layered that on the background paper. 

I layered together squares of black, white, and red cardstock. I attached this to the background paper as well. I cut the heart from pink cardstock and DCWV Glitter paper. I layered the heart and popped it up in the middle of the frame.

 I cut the work "love" using white for the shadow and DCWV pink glitter paper for the top layer. I added it to the wall hanging. I added pearls and black stitching for a finishing touch.

I'm hoping to have tomorrow's project posted early tomorrow morning, but it depends on how cold it is in the basement tomorrow.

10 comments: