Monday, July 11, 2011

Basic Grey Sweet Threads and Prima Images

Ok, I give. Enough with the heat already!

I thought it was hot the other day, but that was nothing compared to today. It's in the 90s with a heat index of 110 degrees. I feel so bad for my husband. He works out in the heat in dress clothes. He's been approved to wear dress shorts tomorrow,  but I'm not sure that's going to make too much of a difference, but it's a start. Anyway, enough whining. On with the show.

I bought my first full set of a Basic Grey collection the other day and I have to say, I love this paper and the embellishments just make it so versatile.  I bought this Sweet Threads set in both the 6x6 and 12x12 packs.


This Prima image came in my Little Red Scrapbook June kit. It's not a stamp I would have bought on my own, but it's growing on me. I love getting my kit each month. I find new products I wouldn't have tried otherwise. The sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up's Teeny Tiny Wishes. All cardstocks are from Stampin' Up. The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink.


I stamped the image with Momento Tuxedo Black and colored the puppy, the boy's shoes, skin and hair with Copic markers. I paper pieced his pants and shirt using the Sweet Threads papers. To ground the image, I added the grass with Copics.

It's supposed to be about 5 degrees cooler tomorrow. For my husband's sake, I hope it cools off more than that.

Thanks for stopping by and keep cool,
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment