Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lemon Flower Mat Stack cards

In my last post, I mentioned I had a card making frenzy with the DCWV Lemon Flower Mat Stack. I'm not  sure most of them are blog worthy, but I would like to share a couple of my creations from the Lemon Flower madness.

This monochromatic card is made from one of the card stocks that has a glitter image as part of the pattern. I wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate this into a card. But, low and behold I did it. The black border paper is a full page of black glittered arches. I layered this with the lattice paper. The black image behind the white layer is part of the lattice paper. I embossed the Elizabeth image stamp in black on white cardstock and cut it out. I stamped the sentiment on a piece of gray textured cardstock from the Lemon Flower coordination mat stack. I cut around the image and added it to the center of the border. Lastly, I added the gems.

This card is very simple. I started with a New Leaf card base from Papertrey Ink I layered on a yellow patterned paper from the Lemon Flower stack. Then I topped that with this black glitter page of flowers. Seriously, the entire black background is glitter. The entire stack is full of black and silver glitter that just sparkles. The frame and sentiment is from Stampin' Up. After punching out the frame with the Large Decorative Label punch, I popped it up with pop dots, added the curly ribbon and brad from Hobby Lobby.

If you haven't gotten the chance to experience the Lemon Flower stack in person, I highly recommend you do. Pictures do not do it justice. The giltter is gorgeous and the black, yellow and green just pop.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana D.

1 comment:

  1. Dana I love the yelloa ribbon and the button on it! I hate when in person the card is fabulous but you can't get a good picture to do it justice!
    karen
    www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete