Thursday, September 6, 2012

STAMPtember Anniversay Card

Just a quick post to share a card I made using mostly stamps and plain cardstock. The base of the card is Very Vanilla cardstock from Stampin' Up. I stamped the background using a stamp from the Bliss set from Stampin' Up and used ink to distress the edges of the card.

 
The bird cage is from a My Mind's Eye stamp set I received in a Simon Says Stamp card kit. I think it's called Charming, but not sure.

 
The sentiment is a from a Simon Says Stamp set and the patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye. Both were also part of a Simon Says Stamp card kit.

 
I punched the heart from a piece of patterned paper and outlined it with a Sakura Stardust gel pen. I stamped the flowers from the same Bliss stamp set, cut them out and used a stylus on the back of the flowers to curve the petals backward to give them dimension. I added cream pearls from CTMH. The patterned paper behind the flowers are scraps from one of the pieces of patterned paper.
 
 
This card style is a little different for me. I typically don't stamp the background, but I enjoyed making it and will definitely try this again.
 
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Dana Desmond

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the muted tones and the elegance that this card exudes... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I love that you stamped the background, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete