Wednesday, December 3, 2014

2014 Christmas Card #1

As promised, my Christmas card series has begun. Today's card was made using papers from My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 6 x 6 paper pad. I've had this paper in my stash for quite some time. I realized the colors matched many of the elements in the Simon Says Stamp November 2014 Card kit.


I used the Sending Holiday Cheer stamp set by Hero Arts. I bought this last year and it has become one of my favorite Christmas stamps. I started of by creating a mask for both houses using Inkadinkado's Stamping Mask paper. Then I stamped the yellow house onto white Papertrey Ink cardstock and applied the mask to that house. I then stamped the second house slightly up from the other house to make it appear the green house is behind the yellow house.


Using Distress in the colors of Broken China, Evergreen Boughs, and Peacock Feathers, I created the sky. Using my Signo Uni-ball White Gel Pen, I added dots for snow. I then removed both masks and colored my houses with Copic Markers. Once that was finished, I used my Spellbinders circle dies and die cut around the image. I used a slightly larger scalloped circle and created a mat out of patterned paper. I adhered all of these together, added Diamond Stickles to the snow areas on the houses, and set this aside to dry.


I cut a 4 1/4 x 11 inch piece of white cardstock for my card base. I scored that at 5 1/2 and folded it to make a standard A2 card base. I then used strips of the paper and applied then across the card. I stamped my sentiment, added the enamel accents from My Mind's Eye that came in the SSS November Card Kit. Lastly, I adhered my focal image using foam dots and the card was done.

I hope you enjoyed this card and got inspired. Stay tuned for the next card in this series. Thank you for stopping by and happy crafting.

Dana

1 comment:

  1. Super cute card Dana! Great mix of papers! Love the shimmery detail! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete