Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team "Audition"

Robyn at mypinkstamper.com is giving two people the opportunity to join her Design Team. She's posted a color challenge and from the projects you submit she will choose two lucky people to be part of her Design Team for the next 6 months.

The challenge is to use your Cricut to make a project with the colors Green, Brown, and Pink plus one other color of your choice. I decided to make a card. I would have loved to use a stamp for the sentiment, but when I went searching my small stash, I didn't have a stamp that worked. So, I had to hand write it.



Materials:
Tools: Cricut Expressions, Gypsy, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper,
Cartridges: Sentimentals; Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More
Paper: Stampin' Up cardstock in Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Regal Rose; DCWV and KI Memories patterned paper
Ink: Stampin' Up in Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, Zig Marker for the Sentiment
Ribbon: Wal-mart
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Reflections (Michaels)
Glitter: Diamond Stickles
Border Punch: Fiscars
Cuttlebug Folder: Victorian
Glue Dots: Elmers


My card case is in Chocolate Chip and is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Then I cut the Regal Rose paper at 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" then I used the border punch on one side. On top of that I cut the Old Olive card stock at 4 1/2" x 5" and embossed it using my cuttlebug. Then I did the direct to paper techinque and brushed the Old Olive ink pad across the top of the embossed image. I layered all of these pieces together and added it to the card. I cut a slit in the top of the card and wrapped the ribbon all the way around and added a bow. Then I layered three Prima flowers and attached with a brad, then added this to the card. I cut the flower pattered paper at 1 1/2" x 5 1/5"  and added this to the bottom of the card.

Using the Sentamentials cartridge, I used my Gypsy to plan and cut the heat lock at 3 1/4" and the key at 4". I used the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to cut the tag. I layed the pieces and inked the edges with Chocolate Chip ink and added my sentiment. I tied a piece of cotton thread from my stash around the bow and attached my tag and key. Using glue dots, I attached the key and tag. Then I popped up the heart lock using. I used my Corner Chomper and rounded each corner using the 1/4" setting. The last thing I did was add stickles to the centers of the flowers on the patterned paper.

So, that's my card. Hopefully, it's enough to will a spot on Robyn's team. I would so love to design for her, since she is the reason I found my way back to crafting. Long story, but I hadn't even considered getting back into crafting until I watched one of your videos on youtube.com. I didn't even know what a Cricut was. That was April of 2010 and by July, I had one and now I am ADDICTED or as my daughter says obsessed. Either way, I'm having fun.

Thanks for stopping by and wish me luck,
Dana

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love that heart lock and key. Good Luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful card! Great job and thanks for sharing. Good luck. I'm now following your blog. I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime.
    hugs,jen
    jennyscards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card!!!! It's beautiful and totally "my style"! Good luck to you!!

    Hugs!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! good luck
    TFS~Raechel
    http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete