Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cowboy Code of the West

One of my friends at work asked if I would make a shadow box as a gift for another coworker as a thank you for being such a good mentor. Our friend is really into the western culture and tries her best to live by the Cowboy Code. So what better theme for the shadow box. I was very lucky to find this 5 x 7 shadow box frame  at Hobby Lobby. It looks like old weather wood. I didn't have to do anything to it. It's perfect for this project. 


I printed the poem off of the web on a piece of  4 x 6 cardstock, to which I inked the edges using Crumb Cake ink. I backed the poem cardstock with 4 1/4 x 6 1/4 piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I attached the poem to a 5 x 7 piece of DCWV patterned paper.


I used a piece of natural jute to mimic rope and I looped it around the poem, curling it to resemble a loose rope. I layered Prima flowers using brads to attach them together. I added these along the jute using a hot glue gun. I finally I added the boot charms using mini glue dots.

I planned to take a picture of this project without the glass, but due to the way the box was made it wouldn't allow it. Hopefully, there isn't too much of a glare.


I'm hoping to have a project up tomorrow morning, but this is the only project I was able to work on today. I plan to do some valentine's cards for my coworkers tomorrow. If everything goes OK, I'll post them.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana D.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful!!! I might have to scraplift that idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete