Saturday, January 15, 2011

Valentine's Box for my Rocker Girl

This is the final treat box I made using my Gypsy and Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More cartridges. For my Rocker Girl older daughter, I wanted to make something that fit with her personality, the way I did for my other two children.

I used patterned paper from Me and My Big Ideas. I put the box together and distress the edges using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink.

I've been working on some heat embossing techniques, so I thought this would be the perfect project to try it on. First I hand cut the star out of white cardstock. Using Versamark ink I stamped the image on the star using Inkadinkado's Rock Start stamp sent. Then I embossed the image using clear glitter embossing powder from al Mode. Then I embossed the edges of the star using gold embossing powder from Stampendous. I used Tim Holtz Distress ink in Broken China to add color to the star.



I stamped the sentiment in Versamark ink on a scrap of patterned paper from my stash and embossed using gold embossing powder. I used my Stampin' Up Decorative Label punch to punch the sentiment. I layered the sentiment and the star on pink cardstock from the Paper Studio and fussy cut them.

I used a strip of scrap cardstock and stamped the star image along the entire strip. Then I embossed it using gold embossing powder. I attached this to the box and popped up the star and sentiment. I finished off by adding ribbon to hold the box closed.

I hope she likes it. I know I do.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana D.

P.S. All stamped images are from Inkadinkado Rock Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment