Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Stamp TV Color Challenge

I decided to participate in my first color challenge. StampTV.com is hosting one with the colors Red, Yellow, and Turquoise.


For a change up, I embossed the Martha Steward butterflies in black on watercolor paper. Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink and yellow water color to add color to each of the butterflies. Then I cut them out.

I used Forever Young Cricut cartridge to cut the layers of the flower. I attached it together using a glimmer brad. I cut a piece of red cardstock at 5 1/4 x 4 and a turquoise piece at 5 x 3 3/4. I used my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirls folder on the turquoise cardstock and I layered this on the red cardstock. I added ribbon around this piece and attached it to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base.


I attached the butterflies and flower using glue dots. With my Sakura Gelly Roll Medium White Pen I added stitching to the flower and around the entire card.I added red Stickles to the small butterfly to bring the red into the butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment