Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sometimes It Pays to Take A Second Look

When I started this post, I thought it was going to be just another Little Red Scrapbook kit page, but I soon realized it's more about stepping back from your pages and taking another look.

This is the original picture of this page I planned to use in this post, but the more I looked at it, I realized it was missing one of the key elements of a good page, the title. As I was trying to decided what to title it and where to put the title, something just didn't feel right. So, I went back to my craft area and started playing. 


The page was too boring. Don't get me wrong, the papers are great, the colors work very well with these pictures, but there wasn't enought texture or elements. This is what I came up with.


I added a bit of crochet time and brown cardstock around the stripped paper at the bottom of the page. Then I used some brown glitter chipboard letters for the title. I decided I needed to pull the brown up to the top, so I added a 1/4" strip at the top.

It still isn't perfect. I'm not too happy with how I put the date on the page, but I can't decide what I want to do with that area. It's better, but obviously, not finished. So, the lesson learned, even though you think you're finished with a page, take another look and you might be surprised at what you see.

The materials used on this page are from iilybeedesigns Catching Fall Flannel Sheets collection.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by,
Dana ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment