Sunday, February 20, 2011

ATC Weekend

I've discovered the world of Artist Trading Cards. ATCs are so appealing because it allows me to experiment with new techniques and to explore work from other artists. Before I start trading I want to build a supply of cards.

For those of you not familiar with ATCs, there are a few rules that must be followed before a card can be called a true ATC. It must measure 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". It must be your original work or a photograph of your original work. It must be good quality materials with all elements attached securely. The card must include basic information about you and the materials/techniques used. ATCs can never be sold and when traded, the trade must be fair, meaning it's a card for card trade.

Yesterday, I went to my craft area, pulled paper from my scrap box, and just started playing.

I used Papertrey Ink cardstock so the card base was plenty strong. Aleen's Tacky Glue was used as the main adhesive. In a few places I used Glossy Accents.


This stamp is from Stampin' Up. After I colored the rabbit and pot with my Copic Markers, I used my Versamark Pen and embossed the rabbit using clear embossing powder. I realized I don't have a good grass stamp, so I used my water color pencils to make the grass. I embossed the flowers in red and added a pearl center.
 

I love this bee stamp. After coloring the bee with colored pencils, I used Glossy Accent on the yellow parts and Stickles on the wings. I used colored pencils to add a little shading to the wings as well.
 

I after coloring the flower image with water color penicls, I used my aqua painter to blend the colors. Then I added clear embossing powder to the largest flower so it would stand out in the foreground. Then I popped this up on the card. I used clear embossing powder on the bee image.
 


This is a very simple card. I used the Laugh With Me Quotes stamp set from Fiskars. The lace is stamped using White Craft in from Stampin' Up. I punched the pink circles,added the stamped flower and put a pearl in the center of each. The sentiment block is popped up off the card.
  I have several other cards I will be posting over the next few days. If you are interested in trading with me, just leave a comment on this post and we can arrange something. Unfortunately, I can only trade within the US, no international trades for now.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment