Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday Gift for My Daughter's Friend

Today is my daughter's friend, Megan's, birthday. She couldn't think of a gift for her, so she asked me to make something. The criteria: blue and green, butterflies, peace signs and lots of sparkle.

I went into my craftroom and found a peace sign stamp from Studio 112 that had butterflies inside of it. How perfect is that! Here's what I came up with.


Using Versamark, I heat embossed the peace sign stamp on a piece of Whisper White cardstock from Stampin' Up. I used a combination of yellow, blue and turquoise Glimmer Mist to color the background. I wanted the peace signs to standout, so I painted them with the darkest blue Glimmer Mist.


I created the peace sign with my Gypsy by using a couple of circles and a rectangle from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I cut that in green glitter paper from DCWV. I cut a shadow out of Island Indigo cardstock from Stampin' Up. I attached this to the background using Dimensionals.

I cut "Megan" out of Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo cardstock from Stampin' Up. I added glitter to the Tempting Turquoise using Heat and Stick embossing powder from Stampin' Up. I attached this using a double layer of Dimensionals. The butterflies were cut from the Straight From the Nest Cricut cartridge.



I added the pearl swirls from Prima and put it in a shadow box frame Hobby Lobby. I think Megan will really like it.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment