Saturday, April 23, 2011

Using Those Paper Scraps

We all know how precious our patterned paper and cardstock can be. When I first started crafting, I followed the advice of some of my more experienced (and obviously independently wealthy) crafter friends and would throw away any piece that was smaller than about 2 inches. They said it would help keep my craft space organized. What a waste of money. Recently, I started saving these little strips. I tuck them into the binding of whatever paper pack they came from. I'm so glad I did. They make wonderful borders and accents to my projects.


I used all the strips I had collected from the Nursery pack from DCWV to make the background on this card. It was so fun and easy. I used my Xyron to adhere the pieces to a white piece of cardstock. Then I cut it down to size before adhering it to the front of my card. The Aqua Mist border was another scrap piece I would have thrown away in the past. It was the perfect size. All I had to do was punch the border.


The image  is a CC Designs Digi Image. I colored it using my Copic markers and cut it out. I used my exacto knife to cut the interior spaces like under the knee. I was a pre-press person in a former life, so I prefer using the exacto knife over scissors. The knife just feels like a part of my hand. Now, however, I have a touch of arthritis in my pointer finger so I can't always put enough pressure on the knife, so I have to use scissors. But, break out the knife whenever I can. OK, enough about my obsession with my exacto knife. It's beginning to sound a little creepy.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Picnic Baskets set. the punch is Stampin' Up's Extra Large Decorative Label punch.

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, just leave them in the comments below.
Dana Desmond

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I save all mine too. Can't throw it away.

    ReplyDelete