Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Box for a Boy

When I posted my first treat box, I decided to make one for each of my children. The one with Love across the front that I made the other day is for my middle daughter. She's more the girly type. This one is for my son. It was cut with my Gypsy using the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More.

Ever since he got a Wii and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock for Christmas, he's been obsessed with the drums. I started looking through my cartridges for a drum set, but the only one I could find was on Rock Princess, but it had a girl playing them. So, I cut out all of my pieces at 3" and then cut the girl off. It worked out perfect. I put the box together using Sticky Strip and inked the edges of the box using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink.


I used the Decorative Label punch to cut the label our of DCWV glitter paper. Then I cut a piece of card stock at 1 1/4 x 3/4 and hand wrote my sentiment. The paper I used for the box is from Me and My Big Ideas. Even though you can't see it from these pictures, it has hand drawn orange stars in the pattern. So, I mimicked that by drawing stars in orange on yellow cardstock and cut them out. I attached everything to the box and added the orange ribbon.


I finished off by adding Stickles to the heart on the drum and the 4U on the tag. I really think my son is going to like this Valentine's treat, especially when it's filled with his favorite candy.

Tomorrow I will post the box I made for my rocker daughter.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana D.

No comments:

Post a Comment