Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Good Day, Designer Collaboration at Pixel Scrapper

Today is one of the most fun at Pixel Scrapper--COLLABORATION DAY--!! Collaborations are when all designers create kits that all collaborate together, using the same theme and color palette. You get slightly varied styles that all work together. I have created several very different layouts using elements from the Good Day Collaboration Bundle.

The first one uses mostly elements from Marisa Lerin's portion of the collaboration. It is very bright, but uses a limited color palette of mostly yellow and pink. The open flowers remind me of crocheted doily centers. I think they work very well with the pictures.



The next layout mostly consists of elements from Melo Vrijhof''s kits in the collaboration. Her style for this kit is more free-flowing watercolor images, with many different colors. I love the 4-square watercolor block background. Kelli's dress in the picture is completely covered in sequins and when the light hits it, rainbow spots of light reflect on every surface around her. So I wanted to being that though together using all of the rainbow papers. The gray border paper from the kit just keeps the focus on the photos and bright colors without letting your eye wander around the page and get lost.


These layouts feature only two of the many talented digital artists who participated in the collaboration. As you can see below the bundle if loaded with every type of  scrapbooking element you could ever want. 



I love this kit so much, I'm going to being working on a hybrid project for it, similar to the mini album project using Already There that I posted yesterday. I will do my best to make sure the video quality is much better this time. (I was going to promise and decided maybe that is a bit too strong. I'm not that confident in recording skills yet.)

If you want to be able to play with these wonderful images, head over to Pixel Scrapper. You will definitely have a blast finding fun ways to use them.

Keep coming back to find more projects made with this awesome collaboration. Until then, thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,

Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment