Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Creative Card Crew Challenge # 87 Embossing

This fortnight challenge over at Creative Card Crew is to create a paper project using embossing.

I used the Berry Sundae image set from Sparkle N Sprinkle for my card.



#87 Embossing - Wet or Dry

Our sponsor for this challenges is 

Prize: Up to $15 in Digi's


I began by printing the image and sentiment on a piece of Simon Says Stamp #120 cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. This digi set has many sentiments that work perfectly with this image.I then used my Signo Uni-ball white gel pen to add highlights to the image. 

Using an old paint brush, I lightly coated the "glass" portions of the image with Diamond Stickles.
Since the Stickles was a thin layer, it dried very quickly, allowing me to add a coat of Glossy Accents over the area.


Using a Spellbinders die, I cut the image piece, a brown mat layer, and a cream piece of index cardstock. I dry embossed the index layer using the Swirls embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I thought this pattern coordinated well with the swirl of the pudding.

I then embossed a Lavender Moon piece of cardstock from Papertrey Ink, using the Swiss Dots embossing folder, also by Cuttlebug. I wet embossed the edges of a piece of white cardstock using 1/4" Scor-pal tape and Rangesr's Enchanted Gold embossing power. The creamy color of the embossing folder coordinates well with the creamy color of the pudding and it adds a bit more sparkle to the card. 

I added the the Lavender Moon panel to a black cardstock based. I popped the focal image up on foam tape and finished the card off by adding faux stitching with my Sakura Sepia Metallic Gelly Roll Pen.

Please join us over at Creative Card Crew. Your project does not have to be a card, just a paper craft. I look forward to seeing what you create.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting.
Dana Desmond

No comments:

Post a Comment