Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cool Mohawk Dude!


I'm on a roll. I have the rest of the evening to create 3 more layouts and honestly, with the Pixel Scrapper kits, that will be a breeze. There is no way I could get this many pages finished the traditional way. Don't get me wrong, I love the feel of the paper in my hands, but it takes me hours sometimes to do a page and I can do a digi page in a few minutes. Plus, there's a little bit more creative freedom because if I don't like something, I can just delete it and start over. No wasted product.

Today's layout is a group of old pictures that are so dear to me. My son has turned into a self-proclaimed "Redneck" and I will probably never see this site again.

John-Kyler had his heart set on a mohawk, but school wouldn't allow them. So, we waited for summer vacation and gave him the mother of all mohawks. Only problem was, his hair grows forward, so no matter what we used or what we did, it would not stand up for more than a few minutes. He decided it looked like a duck tail on his forehead, so he had me cut it off immediately after we took these pictures. I still think it looked pretty cool.


I used the Lil' Monsters Bundle by Sheila Reid at pixelscrapper.com for this layout. The layout in it's original form is muted colors. I just used Photoshop and darkened the elements to make them blend better with the colors int he photos. I love this page.

I've had a few people ask if you need special software to use the Pixel Scrapper kits and the answer is no. My first layout I used Microsoft Word. It wasn't as easy, but I was able to get it to work. The second I used Publisher, a bit easier. I did purchase Photoshop Elements 10 and it was the best investment I've ever made. There is a bit of a learning curve to get used to working with layers, but if you think of them as individual pieces of papers, it is much easier.

You don't have to do a complete digital layout with the kits either. You can print the elements and use them in your traditional scrapbooking. The good part is that you purchase them once and you can print as many as you want, unlike traditional scrapbook supplies, where when you use them, they are gone. So cost effective.
I highly encourage you to check out pixelscrapper.com. It is the perfect place for the frugal crafter in all of us.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment