Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge #6

This week Erin Lincoln presented a card using impression plates to deboss a portion of a die cut tag. The challenge is to use some form of embossing/debossing on a project. I chose to use two kinds of dry embossing for my card. One using my Cuttlebug and the other using the Martha Stewart Scoring Board.

It all starts here,


I used the flowers from the Friendship Jar Fillers stamp set. I stamped the image in Momento Tuxedo Black ink on Stamper's Delight cardstock. I colored it using my growing collection of Copic markers.


I die cut the image with my Nestabilites Label 8 dies. I also cut a piece of Sunrise cardstock using the Labels 8 die set to. I ran this through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots folder. I layered these two pieces together.


I wrapped this piece with crinkle ribbon I found on sale at Hobby Lobby and topped it off with a pearl brad, also from Hobby Lobby. The sentiment and stamped frame are from Friendship Jar. I used the smallest die from the Labels 8 set to cut the tag. Before I removed the die, I inked the edges with Stampin' Up's Perfect Plum classic ink. I attached this to the card.


Using the Martha Stewart Scoring Board, I added diagonal score lines to the Plum Pudding cardstock. I layered the Plum piece to a 5" x 5 1/2" piece of patterned paper from the Egg Hunt pack. I added this to my 5 1/2" x 6" Sunrise card base. I popped up the focal image and called it done.


I love how this card turned out. The colors in the focal image go great with this paper pack. If you can't tell from previous posts, I love Papertrey Ink cardstock for cards. It's very sturdy and takes Copic coloring very well.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana Desmond

1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card! Ii love the colors you used. Your coloring is so well done.

    ReplyDelete