Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stamp TV Sketch Challenge

Each week on Gina K. Design's Stamp TV website, Gina presents two challenges to crafters. The winner of the challenges wins a stamp set of their choice. The two types of challenges are sketch challenge and color challenge. To see this weeks sketch, visit http://stamptv.ning.com/forum/topics/sketch-spotlight-challenge-6.

I started this card using the Sushi Bowl stamp set from Stampenous. This is a very fun a versatile clear stamp set. Each of the elements are separate and the fish bowl can be manipulated to form any shape. I arranged as many pieces of the design on one acrylic block and stamped the image using Momento Tuxedo black ink. Then I filled in the remainder of the design by stamping each image individually.

I used my Copic Sketch Markers to color the image and I cut it out using my CutterBee detail scissors. I use the Nestabilities Label 8 and my Cuttlebug to cut and emboss the orange and white background pieces. To make the white border, I cut the embossed edge off of the orange label and it fit perfectly.



I layered this onto a piece of blue cardstock that I had embossed in my Cuttlebug using the Spots and Dots folder. I layered the orange and white tag onto the blue card stock. Then I layered all of this on a 51/4 x 5 1/4 piece of pattered paper from Stampin' Up. This entire piece was then added to a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card base.


Using my Tags Nestabilities die, I cut a tag out of white card stock. I I then cut a strip of coordinating patterned paper at 5 1/2 x 3/4 and threaded it though the tag. I stamped the greeting using Fiskar's Cupcakes and More stamp set. I attached my greeting to the bottom of the card. Then I popped up my image on the orange cardstock.


I used several Prima flowers attached together with a pearl brad from The Paper Studio. I adhered this to the front of my card using glue dots. For the final touch, I added pearls to the orange label.

This is my first Gina K. Designs challenge entry. What it tells me is that I desperately need more stamps. I have a small collection, but nowhere near enough images I can color with my Copic Sketch Markers. As much as I love my Cricut, sometimes it's fun to just stamp your image and elements.


If you visit my blog, please leave comments. I love to read what others think of my work. I highly encourage constructive criticism, afterall, that's the only way I will get better at what I do.

Again, thank you for taking the time to visit DanasImaginationCreations,
Dana Desmond

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute, might have to join future challenges with Gina K.

    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete