Thursday, January 13, 2011

Full of Love Valentine's Treat Bag

 I've had my Cricut for about 6 months and never made a treat bag. So while I was looking for a project to do, I thought why not. Last fall, Provocraft gave all Gypsy owners 6 free cartridge uploads. One of these was Tags, Bags, Boxes and More. Never used it so thought what a perfect time. I cut the base of the treat bag at 7 3/4".

I used the Gypsy Font and Gypsy Wandering to cut the background paper, scalloped heart, pink heart, and letters. I used Stampendous gold embossing powder and double embossed the letters. I used the Swirls Cuttlebug folder on the pink heart. I pierced holes in the off white heart using my paper piercer from Stampin' Up. Then I inked the edges of all of the pieces with Rich Razzleberry from Stampin' Up.
 
I added Stampin' Up patterned paper to the front of the box and  added a bow to the top. Then I glued all my layers together and adhered them to the box. The flap of the box is held shut with a piece of Velcro.


The embossing makes the letters look almost metal.


Now I need to find someone special to give it to. Maybe I'll make three more and my Valentine's gifts are finished.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana D. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment