Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Scrapbook Page

When I decided to start scrapbooking again, I felt a little lost. So I went online to see if I could find scapbook kits that would get me started. I ran across littleredscrapbook.com. They are a monthly kit club, which I didn't realize existed. I wasn't sure about letting someone else pick my supplies, but I decided it would be a good way to get me to experience products and techniques I normally wouldn't have chosen for myself. The price was pretty reasonable, so I signed up for a 3 month trial.

My first package arrived in November and I knew immediately what pictures I wanted to use. It took me a while to dig through my photo stash, but finally I found Christmas pictures I had taken of my daughters. I love the black background.



Everything I used came from the Little Red Scrapbook's November Kit. The paper and embellishments are from Pink Paislee's Father Christmas collection. I usually have a hard time using papers that have some type of border or pictures, but this wasn't too bad. I really like the old vintage feel of the Santas. I matted the photos using Bazzill textured cardstock from the kit.


The brown vinyl Thicker, by American Craft, are also from the kit. When I first saw them I wasn't sure if I liked them, until I started putting them on the page. I think they look great.


I haven't been disappointed with my decision to join the Little Red Scrapbooks kit club. I have to admit that sometimes when the packages arrive, there's always something that makes me ask myself, "What am I going to do with that?" Then when I find a cool use for it, I'm totally amazed. I love the challenge it gives me to step outside of my comfort zone. If you are looking for a scrapbook kit club, I would highly recommend littleredscrapbook.com. The prices are reasonable and the kits are beautiful.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by,
Dana ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

    Feel free to surf to my blog click here

    ReplyDelete