Monday, January 3, 2011

Holiday Sign for Winter

A few weeks ago I posted that I purchased a framed 12x12 corkboard where I could hang up my holiday pictures easily. My first creation was the Halloween sign, but I forgot to post the Thanksgiving and Christmas/Winter sign. I already took down the Thanksgiving sign and stored it away (it wasn't too spectacular anyway), but I still have the winter scene up:


This is in my entry area. I'm in the market for a side table. I just haven't found the one I want yet, so for now a small bookshelf will have to do.

I used by Gypsy and the Winter Woodland Cartridge to plan this project (I think I had like 12 mats). Then I cut it using the Cricut. All the papers are DCWV and The Paper Studio cardstock. I use DCWV glitter paper to cut the snow on top of the trees and houses. I topped the words with Diamond Stickles to give them a frosty look.



I couldn't find paper that was exactly what I wanted, so I used DCWV paper and clear embossed snowflakes for the background.



To give this a more 3-D feel, I popped up the sleigh and horse. The glitter at the around the horses feet give that fresh snow feel. 


Now I need to start working on my February sign. I know I'll do something with Valentine's day, but I don't know if I will go with the traditional Pink and Red. I need to go explore my paper stash.

Thanks for stopping by,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment